The Lord is my Shepherd (Part 2)
- Verse 4: Even when I go through the darkest ________, I fear no danger, for you are ________ me; your rod and your staff -- they comfort me.
- The Valley Will Come
- God does not promise we won’t walk through the ________.
- He will be ________ you IN the valley.
- Why would a ________ God allow me to walk through the valley?!
- "Your idols, your false shepherds do not love you enough to go with you."
-Former Youth Pastor Andy Swart
- John 10:11-12
- The false shepherds flee, but the Good Shepherd lays down His life for the Sheep.
- Take ________ not in a virus, or even in the end of the virus, but in the closeness of our KING!
- Your rod ________, your staff ________; Both are important
- Thank you Lord that you protect, Thank you Lord that You lead.
- Verse 5: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint me head with oil; my cup overflows.
- God loves me… ok. God likes me too?! Wow!
- This is a party… a PAR-TAY!
- Think Prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32)
- The Lord ________ in you.
- Not some “better/future” ________ of you, but YOU.
- Doesn’t necessarily mean He wants us to stay where we are though...
- Verse 6: Only ________ and ________ ________ will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will ________ in the house of the Lord as long as I live.
- Goodness and mercy (faithful love) follow us where we go.
- This is what we have in store for us from the ________ Shepherd
- Good things
- Mercy, not condemnation is ours. Stop trying to earn mercy. You’re not good enough to save you, it’s not about you. Don’t trust in your own wisdom and knowledge, but trust in Him.
- His love for us is not based on us, our ability to be righteous, but rather He loves us, and leads us into paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
- Psalm 27
4 I have asked one thing from the Lord;
it is what I desire:
to dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
gazing on the beauty of the Lord
and seeking him in his temple.
- Dwell Now!
- Not just in the future. We need to dwell in the Lord's presence today
- It's not about hitting "home runs"
- Be faithful, and remember His grace is sufficient